Queensland Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Message to all Squash Centres - Updated 9:00am 21 August 2020
Queensland have announced the start of Stage 3 resumption of activities (incl. sports). All centres can open and host activities and competitions as of noon 10 July 2020 if they do not exceed the 1 person per 4sqm limit per venue/building and can prove they are practicing COVID-19 safe activities.
Review the below requirements and the Checklist and draft plans for more information
Requirements for Indoor sport (Including Squash)
- Record-keeping of all persons that enter venues and playing spaces.
- Social distancing "off the field of play"
- Documented hygiene/sanitisation plan in place
- Spectators are counted in the 1 person per 4sqm rule
- Implementation of COVID-19 Safe Dining Plan & checklist for venues serving food and drink -(https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/132292/COVID-Safe-Checklist-RestCafes.pdf)
- Scheduling to eliminate group overlap
- Booking systems in place to manage participant numbers.
- Display of all physical distancing posters and signed STATEMENT OF COMPLIANCE
- Implementation of strict hygiene and sanitisation measures in particular:
- at all entry and exit points
- communal areas and shared facilities
- shared participant equipment.
Please ensure you have completed and have onsite while open the “Return to Play Readiness Checklist”
Current Approved Industry Covid-19 Safe Plans – which may answer some of your questions. Click on Indoor Sports Group
If you have any questions, please contact the Queensland Squash on [email protected]